أسس الكتابة العلمية والنشر الدولي المميز
Two-day Online Workshop
Scientific and medical journal editors and peer reviewers continually point out that unclear writing is one essential reason that papers are rejected, and grants are not funded. Stated another way, anything that gets between the writer’s scientific message and the reader’s comprehension of that message derails the paper or grant and upsets the reviewer.
Scientists tend to imitate the academic, obscure writing that is seen in some medical and scientific journals and in grants, attempting to impress the reader with complex, long, and unclear phrases and paragraphs.
This workshop has been designed to help investigators, in any field, understand the root of poor writing, identify red flags within their own writing style, and craft clear, concise, powerful pieces that meet the requirements of the most demanding audiences within their professional careers.
This workshop includes:
- Basic Writing PrinciplesYou Actually Know but Forgot About
- What Makes a Poor Writer?Why You Might Be Your Own Worst Enemy
- Saying More with Less:The Power of Conciseness
- How to Impress Your Readerswith Less Pompous Writing
- Redundancies in Writing:Why Repetition Is Not Always a Good Thing
- Significance, Impact, Innovation: Why These Concepts are Vital to Scientific and Medical Writing
- The Power Behind an Outline:Simple to Create, Often Overlooked
- Real-life Experiencesfrom a Seasoned Expert
- Before and After Detailed Examples:Show Which Revisions You Should Consider Making Too
- Writing Exercisesto Get You on the Path to Becoming a Successful Author
- Egyptian Knowledge Bank(EKB): How to use and confiscate the EKB and benefit from it in the scientific research process.